(C= Cashier G=Guest)
C: good morning, sir. May I help you?
G: Yes, I’d like to check out.
C: Certainly sir. May I have your room key,please?
G: Sure, here it is.
C: Just a moment, please. I’ll draw up your bill for you.(After a while)
C: Mr. Johnson, your bill totals US $520. How would you like to make the payment?
G: By credit card. Do you accept Visa?
C: Yes, Mr. Johnson.
G: Here you are.
C: (Print the card) Could you sign here, please?
C: Thank you, Mr. Johnson. Here is your credit card and your receipt. Have a nice trip.
1）Just a moment, please. The cashier will have your bill ready in a moment.
2) I will calculate/draw up the bill for you.
3) Thank you for waiting, Mr. X, here is your bill. Would you like check?
4) Would you like a breakdown of the bill?
5) That’s much more than I expected.
6) Shall I explain some items for you?
7) If you think there is any error in your bill, we can check it for you.
8) “L” stands for laundry, and “T” means telephone call charge.
9) I am afraid it is not enough to cover the amount/ can’t cover the amount.
10) How would you settle the bill/ make payment?
11) In cash/ By credit card/ By travel’s check.
12) May I have an invoice?
13) Certainly, sir. May I know the name of your company?
14) Here’s your change and receipt/invoice.
15) I’ll call the bellman to take your baggage down.
1）Your bill will be paid by XX company./ XX company has arranged to pay your bill.
2）Could you make out two separate bills for me?
3) What charges does each bill cover, please?
4) One bill covers the room rent and telephone rate. They are paid by our company.
5) May I have your signature, please?
6) Could you sign your name here, please?
7) May I have two of your business cards, please?
8) May I have two of your business cards, please? 請
1）I’d like to change these US dollars into RMB.
2）Could you fill out this form, please?
3）The exchange rate of US dollar to RMB is 100:823, that will give you RMB XX yuan.
4) Would you like it in small or large bills?
5) Please keep the receipt, you’ll have to produce it when you want to change your money back.
6) I’m afraid that we only offer one-way change.
7) We have a change limit of US$ XX between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m.
8) You may go to the Bank of China to change your money.
9) If we change large amounts, our cash supply runs out and we ‘re unable to oblige our other guests.
10)We hope you can understand.
1) I’m sorry, but we are not allowed to accept personal checks.
2) I’m sorry, but we don’t accept personal checks according to the hotel policy.
3) I’m afraid this currency is not accepted in our hotel.
4) The figures and the words on the cheque do not aGREe.
5) The credit card limit set by the Visa Card is US$ 1500.
6) We need their permission to extend credit cover that amount.
7) Would you like to settle the difference in cash?
8) I’m afraid we have no credit arrangements with your company, madam. You may by any of these credit cards instead.
1) If you check out after 12:00 at noon, you’ll have to pay all of the rate.
2) If you check out after 6:00 p.m., you’ll have to pay the full rate.
1) I’m sorry to hear that.
2) I’ll check it with the department concerned. Would you mind waiting for a moment?
3) There has been an error.
4) I neglected that detail when I drew up your bill.
5) I’ll correct your bill.
6) We’ll correct your bill by deducting 180 yuan from the total.
7) Here is the money you overpaid.
1) Have a nice trip.
2) We hope to enjoy your stay.
3) We hope you have a pleasant/enjoyable stay, madam.
4) We look forward to serving you again.